BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Zwinky Layouts »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The latest adventures

So things have really been picking up lately!! Several of my friends are getting married and have seriously trusted me to make their cakes. I am truely grateful to them but wow!! I've never done wedding cakes before!! Nothing to that scale anyways. Wish me Luck!!!

Here are a couple of cakes that I did just recently...
A lady I work with asked if I would make a cake for her sister's birthday. She asked if I had ever done fondant, and well I had, but for anyone who has tasted store bought fondant, you know it's kinda (REALLY) gross. But recently I found a recipe for homemade white chocolate marshmallow fondant. Perfect reason to test it!!! So I told her sure I'd try it. She asked for pink dots and a bow of some sort, nothing really specific, but here's how it turned out:




It was a yellow cake with Chocolate ganache filling and buttercream frosting and covered in fondant. I think the fondant turned out great and I was so excited cause I got to use pearl dust!! I think it added that little extra something to the cake. And the best thing, she said her whole family loved it!!! lol...they really compared it to a "Cake Boss Cake." How cool is that???? I'm definitely not that good, but it was neat to hear that!!
Well, I have done a wedding shower cake, but I'll update on that tomorrow. It's late and I'm tired!! Good night!!!

0 comments: